We offer three one-year fellowship opportunities at the CHRISTUS Health Texas A&M Family Medicine Residency Program. We have a well respected ACGME accredited Geriatric fellowship that prepares one for taking care of the aging population. Two of our faculty have CAQ’s in Geriatrics and run a local nursing home. A Hospital Medicine fellowship offers additional experience in taking care of hospitalized patients through a busy inpatient service and longitudinal ICU experience. The Obstetrical fellowship allows increased experience with high risk OB, surgical obstetrics and other operative procedures. All of these fellowships enhance the educational experience of our residency.
The Obstetrical fellowship allows increased experience with high risk OB, surgical obstetrics and other operative procedures. Brand new office space with up to date equipment, including an amazing brand new ultrasound machine GE Voluson S8, which will be available to all fellows and residents..
- ACGME accredited Family Medicine residency completion ( by July 1st of year you are applying for)
- Must be ECFMG Certified if you are an IMG applicant
- Unfortunately we do not accept VISAS or residents off cycle. We only take residents that have completed a Family Medicine Residency.
- Although, we do not require a Texas license, we prefer our applicants to have a Texas license before starting.
What you need to apply
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (one from Program Director and 2 from FP or OB faculty)
- Personal Statement of your interest in OB/Women’s Health
- List of procedures completed in Residency
- Copy of ERAS application from FM residency and ITE scores
- Step 3 Score
Applications – must be submitted by July 1st. Please submit CV and supporting documents to our Fellowship Director, Dr. Khatibi, and our Family Medicine Program Coordinator, Denise Mireles.
Applications must be sent through email. Do not mail.
- Teach and direct residents on service
- Triage OB/GYN patients with OB Hospitalists
- Perform at least 100 C-sections with 50 or more as primary
- Attend a minimum of 50 vaginal deliveries
- Improve ultrasound skills through hands on training
- OB intake (initial visit) for FM patients
- Create and organize templates for visits in EHR
- Option of rural rotation, MFM outpatient, women’s clinic or maintaining continuity medicine clinic
- Coordinate and run SIM lab
- Call schedule includes two weekend days per month and one weekday call per week
- Research project
- One away elective once numbers are met
- Attend didactics on outpatient month
- Presenter for ALSO course
- Review OB clinic encounters performed by FM residents.
- Current Salary $63,250
- Excellent Medical and Dental Insurance Plans
- Membership AAFP, AMA, TMA and Local Medical Society
- CME Allowance $1000
- 12 Sick Days
- 3 weeks vacation (1 week guaranteed during Christmas or New Year’s (one or the other))
- Meal Allowance of $150 every two weeks
- Two free personalized lab coats
- Discounted memberships to various fitness and workout facilities