The CHRISTUS Spohn/Texas A&M Family Medicine Residency participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) therefore one must be registered with the NRMP.
- ERAS Applications only
- Dean’s letter and medical school transcripts (original transcript required for program processing)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical school completed in the previous year (cut off 1 year out of medical school)
- Maximum 1 Failure in USMLE Step 1/COMLEX Level 1 and USMLE Step 2 (CK) COMLEX Level 2 (CE) and Step 3/COMLEX Level 3 if applicable
- Deadline for application submission is December 1
For International Medical Graduates
- ECFMG certificates must be received prior to the start of Residency. Plan accordingly
- One’s medical school must be listed on the Texas Medical Board approved schools, which recognized medical school as meeting equivalence to those of the United States Visa’s not sponsored, non-citizens will be asked to provide a copy of a document that establishes employment authorized by the date of their interview.
- U.S clinical experience with a board certified family medicine physician and a letter of recommendation from the physician Letter From the Program Director